Earlier today, during Take-Two Interactive’s latest earnings call, company CEO Strauss Zelnick provided the news a lot of nervous GTA fans (and investors) wanted to hear: Grand Theft Auto 6 is still set to arrive on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S on November 19. There is no delay. Take a deep breath, everyone.

On May 21, Take-Two reported the results for its fourth quarter and the overall fiscal year 2026 as part of a public earnings call. Normally, video game publisher earnings calls aren’t big news. But Take-Two is Rockstar’s parent company, and after (now proven false) rumors claimed the game was being delayed, and following past delays, a lot of people tuned in and refreshed the company’s financial page to get confirmation that GTA 6 is still launching in November. Which it is, and Zelnick seems pretty confident.

“I’ve been saying for some time that the release date is November 19,” Zelnick told IGN. “We obviously reiterated that today, so we feel really good about it.”

Last week, chaos broke out online when people began reporting that Best Buy had accidentally leaked when pre-orders for GTA 6 would start. That all turned out to be a mistake, but that didn’t stop people from getting more and more excited and terrified of today’s earnings call.

Panic spread online when a 4chan poster claimed that GTA 6 was getting delayed until February 2027. That rumor had zero credibility, but the mere whiff of a possible delay sent the GTA community, who have been waiting for over a decade now for the next entry in the series, into a wild frenzy. Would the much-anticipated trailer three arrive ahead of the call? Would the game get delayed? Would the price be revealed? Turns out, the answer to all of those questions is nope.

Yes, GTA 6 is still going to have trailers and marketing

During today’s call, Zelnick reiterated to multiple outlets that Take-Two is still going to market the heck out of Rockstar’s upcoming open-world crime sim.

“I’ve been asked by investors whether we need to spend marketing dollars given the scale of the intellectual property and its reach and the sentiment,” Zelnick told GameIndustry.biz. “And the answer is: of course, we need to market it.” But Zelnick added things will be different. “13 years ago, we were still buying network television. We won’t be buying a lot of network television.”

IGN also asked about marketing and how that will all roll out, and Zelnick again offered very little, but did seem to confirm he’s a fan of Mission: Impossible and Tom Cruise. Neat?

“Well, look, I mean, Rockstar is going to talk about all things GTA in the fullness of time,” Zelnick told the outlet. “So I can speak conceptually only about the marketing of entertainment properties. And I do think no matter how big a franchise is, the consumers need to engage with that prior to release. And I think the motion picture business reflects that as well. So if you put out a sequel to Mission: Impossible, trust me, the studio is still going to spend a whole lot of money marketing that title, even though we kind of know what we’re going to get and we know we’re going to see Tom Cruise, and we’re thrilled that we will. Marketing is still an important part of any entertainment release.”

So there you go. GTA 6 is still arriving in November, it will still have marketing and trailers, and it will still be a massively huge launch. Everyone, calm down, go outside, and chill for a bit. Pace yourselves. These next six months will be the longest wait yet.

🕹️ Level up your inbox

Don’t miss the latest reviews, news and tips. Sign up for our free newsletter.

You May Also Like