There’s no longer a future for Disney Infinity, and while Disney has been maintaining the existing games in the meantime, that won’t last forever. Here’s how the company is winding everything down.
Unfortunately, it’s not as simple as writing down a date. From now until next March, Disney Infinity’s online components will slowly get dismantled across different platforms. Some will come sooner than others. (Sorry, iOS owners!)
Here’s what’s changing today: in-game purchases have been removed from Disney Infinity 2.0 on PC, Steam, iOS, Android, Amazon, and Apple TV. The Steam version of Disney Infinity 3.0, however, will still allow in-game purchases.
On September 30 and beyond, however, it gets more complicated:
As of September 30, 2016
- You will no longer be able to log in to play the PC, iOS, Google Android and Amazon Android versions of Disney Infinity, these will no longer be available on the respective app stores
- The Steam versions of Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 will remain operational with the exception of all online services and community features as these will be discontinued
- Apple TV versions of Disney Infinity will be removed from the AppStore
- The Disney Infinity Community team will no longer be reviewing or approving any new Toy Boxes that are submitted to Disney for all console, mobile and PC versions of the game. However if you are playing on any console, Apple TV or Windows 8/10 versions of the game, you can continue to download your favorite Toy Boxes from the Community Content section until March 3, 2017
As of January 3, 2017
- No in-game purchases can be made within the Windows 8/10 versions of the game as this feature will be removed
As of March 3, 2017
- Apple TV and Windows 8/10 versions will no longer be available, supported or playable
- All Disney Infinity online services and community features for all versions will be discontinued
Godspeed, Disney Infinity fans.