So this is what they were talking about yesterday. Codemasters' original rally sports simulator is now on iOS, looking as dapper as ever.
The "re-imagined" iOS version is based on the second game in the series from 2001, Colin McRae Rally 2.0, and it sports overhauled graphics and optional tilt controls while including the cars, events and locations that made the original great. Have a look at the features list:
• Hit the dirt with an upgraded edition of classic genre-defining rally driving game experience
• 30 unique rally stages with over 130km of track
• Real world locations, with varied track surfaces including Australia, Greece and Corsica
• Legendary rally cars including:
o Ford Focus
o Subaru Impreza
o Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI
o Lancia Stratos
• Dynamic damage model - windows shatter, bodywork crumples and falls off
• Expert car handling and physics model, based on the original model developed alongside Colin McRae
• Authentic co-driver and race notes, written and voiced by professional rally co-driver Nicky Grist
• Multiple gameplay modes - quick race, single stages, rallies and an extensive Championship
• An iPad 2 or newer, iPhone 4S/5, or iPod touch (5th gen) is required for this game
Colin McRae Rally for iOS is available worldwide, and can be grabbed here.
Codemasters: If in doubt, FLAT OUT! [Twitter]
Colin McRae Rally on the App Store [iTunes]
Questions? Comments? Contact the author of this post at andras-AT-kotaku-DOT-com.