When Quantum Break launched earlier this month the PC version had plenty of problems, including poor performance, forced upscaling and the lack of a button to exit the game. Today’s 27GB update goes some way towards making the port not as horrible.
First off, that’s a very large update. I’ve seen folks on various forums saying the update is actually much smaller than that, but my system spent a couple of hours going from 0 to 27GB before I could play again, so I’m sticking to that.
See at the bottom of the screen there? An option to exit the game, a feat previously only achievable via right-clicking on the game in the task bar and closing it there or in the task manager. And just look at these graphics options:
Optional upscaling and film grain! Fancy. Coupled with the frame timing now matching the refresh rate I am able to run the game natively at 1920 x 1080 and get 60 frames per second with my GeForce GTX 980, as long as I turn the graphics down to low.
Here’s a full list of the changes made it what feels like less of a patch and more of a downloading the entire game all over again.
General Windows 10 Fixes / Updates:
- Fixed a few Unicode issues that prevented some users from launching the game
- Fixed various keyboard input issues
- Fixed aspect ratio and full screen scaling for non 16:9 resolutions
- Enable Alt+Enter to switch between full screen and windowed mode
- Fixed resolution selection when transitioning from windowed to fullscreen mode
- Fixed frame timing not matching the refresh rate
- Fixed options menu items being clickable even if they’re cropped
- Fixed 1 px gaps sometimes visible in the PC keyboard key callout backgrounds
- DRM fixes
- Unlock descriptions for Will Diary 1 and Will Diary 2 are no longer reversed
- Credits fixes
- Fixed Jack’s subtitles not showing in some cinematics
- Remedy logo fix
- Fix for a rare bug that accidentally wiped progress after completing the game
- Fixed rare instances of cloud saves failing and causing loss of progress
- Fixes for making Xbox Live integration more fault-tolerant.
- Fixed in-game TV screen images which were sometimes grainy
- Fixed circular progress bar alpha in the junction stats screen
- Fixed rendering issues in the menus
- Fixed issue in renderer when initializing participating media
- Fixed video playback not always ending if the video was synced to audio
That’s a lot of fixed issues. Mind you it’s not all of the issues fixed. Folks in the official game forum are still having various issues. Plus running the game at native resolution rather than upscaling results in a massive performance hit. If I turn on all the bells and whistles I’m sub 30 on my system. Plus the game will no longer fill my ultra widescreen monitor, though that’s something I’ve learned to live with.
Are you playing Quantum Break on PC? If so, is it any better for you today after downloading all the things?