This weekend's Steam Sale is Tomb Raider Anniversary for $5. GameStop is disguising a clarence sale as a huge blowout spectacular. And Best Buy has a free controller deal for PS3, but it's not cheap.
For starters, nearly every major retailer puts a bunch of games on sale on the weekends. Here are a couple new(ish) and possibly desirable titles that have seen price chops;
• Wheelman is $20 off ($39.99) at Best Buy. Well, that didn't last long.
• Madworld is on sale at Amazon for $41.99. Wow, that really didn't last long. [via Cheap College Gamers]
• The aforementioned Steam Sale. The savings on Tomb Raider: Anniversary is 75 percent off.
• Gamestop has a coupon (left) offer a 30 percent bonus on trade-ins of DS games. [via CCG]
• Best Buy is offering a free PS3 controller - doesn't say what kind though - if you buy a $59.99 PS3 game and a console.
• If you want an Xbox Live Vision cam, Amazon is having a sale on You're In the Movies. For $19.99 you get that and the cam. It usually goes for $40.
• Cheap College Gamers also put together a list of all of the titles GameStop is offering for 50 percent off in its GameDays sale, which begins tomorrow. Warning, the list is quite uninspiring.
As always, smart gamers can find values any day of the week, so if you've run across a deal, share it with us in the comments. For those who can't listen, that means don't email it to me after this has posted. Put it in the comments. People read those, you know.