Eleven-year-old MMO EverQuest is getting its 17th expansion pack in October, raising the level cap, adding more than 450 new spells, 18 raids, 13 zones, more than 120 quests, and finally giving players somewhere to live.
Just because Sony Online Entertainment is already teasing the fourth game in the EverQuest series doesn't mean it's forgotten the original. After more than a decade in operation, EverQuest is still going strong, and the game is getting its biggest dose of new content yet on October 12 with the House of Thule expansion pack.
Deities Cazic Thule, Terris Thule and Morell Thule, the Lord of Dreams are in conflict, and their conflict has manifested itself on the mortal plane in the form of a mysterious house appearing in the jungles of Feerrott. World leaders are falling into dream-induced comas, and reality and illusion are melting together. It's up to the players to face off against the lords of Thule and stop the madness.
SOE is packing tons of content into the expansion. Perhaps the most significant is the introduction of player housing. Like the system in EverQuest 2, players will be able to decorate their homes with furniture and trophies, adding an element of collectability to the game that should keep older players occupied for a few weeks at least.
Here's a full rundown of the new features in the expansion.
• +5 Level Increase – Achieve a New Max Level of 90 and set a new standard of gameplay
• More than 800 AAs – Elevate your power and abilities beyond the norm
• In-game Housing Addition – Make your permanent mark on the world! Collect and display treasured items
• New Housing Trophy System – Display your trophies and receive statistical benefits
• Hundreds of new housing items to decorate your house to your own style
• 18 Raids – Collect valuable rewards from all new adventures
• 13 Zones – Be the first to discover untouched lands of Norrath
• 450+ Spells – Exponentially add to your caster's arsenal
• 17 Missions – Experience intriguing lore and immersive Missions
• 120+ Quests – Challenge your skills and gather useful loot
• Inventory increase – Indulge the packrat in you and collect even more game goodies
Man I miss my bard. Maybe I'll log him on to check out the House of Thule on October 12.