These are strange times we live in. One of the only things keeping me sane is that Snapchat hot dog.
If this meme was already a played out by the end of last week it will be a pile of ashes by next Saturday. I refuse to let this little guy go into the night before absolutely necessary, and honestly, a good hot dog filter still gets me every time.
So for this week’s ‘Shop Contest I want you to go wild with the little nitrate-filled cylinder of meat and see if we can’t still squeeze a little comedic juice from it. Bonus points for GIFs.
Here’s a hot dog if you’re really lazy. You can also go out and find your own. Or, if you’re not an old like me, you can even get creative with the Snapchat filter itself.
The rules are below. See you next weekend with the winners!
How To Upload Images — Instructions
1. Create your ‘Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 636 pixels wide. If they aren’t, you will be shot.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click
4. This brings up Click “Choose file” if you’re uploading your ‘shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the ‘Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image’s URL into the field that says “Image URL.” Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn’t, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you’re still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.