So, we're back to an evergreen subject for this week's contest after a couple of suboptimal candidates fell through. (One was a pic of my boss on vacation, and I have a daily goal of remaining employed.) So it's time to raid Gergo's Dayshot archive!
I had eyes on this thing when Gergo dug it up for us a month ago, but Don Mattrick's game show appearance was more timely that weekend. So let's bring back the cast of The Walking Dead, driving go-karts in Garry's Mod, and see what you good folks can do with it.
Given the robust presence of karting games and adaptations out there, there should be plenty of ridiculous mashup opportunities for you to abuse. That's without getting into sim racers, action racers, or even real pictures of motorsports events to make everything look ridiculous.
Source Image: The Walking Dead 400
While most of you are smart enough to figure out how to upload images, here are some simple steps to take for those less familiar with the practice.
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop.
2. Go to the bottom of this post and click "Discuss."
3. This brings up a comment window. Click the icon that looks like a picture.
4. This brings up another window called "Insert Image." Click "Choose file" if you're uploading your 'shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image's URL into the field that says "Image URL." Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.
Alright! Have at it. Thanks very much for your participation.