Nintendo is making mobile games. There will be Nintendo games on our phones and tablets. Wow. While the news is exciting, it's hard to push aside our worst free-to-play gaming fears. So let's embrace them. How bad can a mobile Nintendo get?
I've been paying attention to the comments section all week, and I know many of you are already on top of this week's 'Shop Contest topic. Envision a world where Nintendo succumbs to the dark side and makes the mobile games we're afraid they'll make. Then mock up a screenshot or gif. If you're feeling fancy, toss it onto a stock photo of phone.
Creating the images will be much easier than dealing with the eventual reality, I assure you. Entries are due by next Saturday morning, though extensions will be sold for $.99 per hour (no they won't.)
How To Upload Images — Instructions
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 636 pixels wide. If they aren't, you will be shot.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click
4. This brings up Click "Choose file" if you're uploading your 'shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image's URL into the field that says "Image URL." Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.