Earlier this week we heard the unusual story of the French prisoner whose PS3 was banned because of its consumer-friendly onboard WiFi. Fahey was pressed for time when he 'shopped our lead image—so pressed that I didn't notice that what I'd given him had someone's stupid watermark in it. So by crowdsourcing this to the Kotaku 'Shop Contest, we're going to do it better.
Source Image: The Count of Monte Cristo (2002)
Instructions? Do something video-gamey with that, or to that. It does not have to be PS3 focused, nor does it have to be consistent with the story. However, I will take the best 'Shop that is and update the story with it as the lead image. (Finalists and the overall No. 1 will be considered for general 'Shop quality, not necessarily subject matter.)
We've got a new commenting system, and while most of you are smart enough to figure out how to upload images, here are some simple steps to take for those less familiar with the practice
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop.
2. Go to the bottom of this post and click "Discuss."
3. This brings up a comment window. Click the icon that looks like a picture.
4. This brings up another window called "Insert Image." Click "Choose file" if you're uploading your 'shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image's URL into the field that says "Image URL." Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. I'm not sure if we still have file size restrictions under Kinja but it's probably a good idea to keep your image size under 1 MB. This is especially true for animated .gifs. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels.
Alright! Have at it. Thanks very much for your participation.