Yesterday, I said to myself, "Self, this image of Nolan Bushnell, the man who founded Atari, digging a hole in the desert outside of Dubai, looks like an A-list exploitable for the next Kotaku "Shop Contest."
Now, if my self concurs (or disagrees), should it address me as "Owen," or also as "self"? While I ponder that, y'all get crackin' on this week's 'Shop Contest. I expect to see at least three entries with the walk-the-dinosaur xenomorph from Aliens: Colonial Marines shooting up out of that hole.
Here's everything else you need to know about posting 'Shops in the comments.
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop.
2. Go to the comments beneath this post and click "reply."
3. Click "Add Image" in the comment window.
4. Click "Upload an Image Instead." Then click the "Choose File" button. Browse your desktop, find the image, and click "open."
5. If you prefer, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then click "Add image" in the upper right above the comment window. Paste the image URL into the field that says "Image URL."
6. Add editorial commentary (you can't post an image without some kind of text in the comment field), then just hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. This is important: Keep your image size under 1 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels.
All set? Great. Now, everyone, start your 'shopping!