January 21, 2017 was a historic day. The United States swore in its 45th President. Also, George W. Bush played peekaboo with a plastic poncho.
It was rainy on Friday at the nation’s Capitol, but the country’s 43rd President had come prepared. It was a bold fashion statement that verged on performance art. Bush didn’t just wear the poncho. He appeared to plumb the very depths of its existence, only to come out the other side smiling.
So for this week’s ‘Shop Contest, I’d like you to take George and his poncho on a few adventures through the wonderful wolds of your favorite video game, like that time Ernie sang the song “Imagine That.”
I don’t have any PNG files to get you started this week, but you know where to find them. The rules, as always, are as follows:
How To Upload Images — Instructions
1. Create your ‘Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 800 pixels wide. If they aren’t, you will be shot. I mean it!
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click
4. This brings up Click “Choose file” if you’re uploading your ‘shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the ‘Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image’s URL into the field that says “Image URL.” Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn’t, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you’re still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.