“Enough Australian lingo to choke a dingo” is something I’m not proud of saying in the opening moments of the first Ty the Tasmanian Tiger game in almost a decade.
Can you believe it’s been nearly ten years since the last Ty the Tasmanian Tiger game? Makes me mad as a cut snake it does. Mad enough to make me attempt to do an Australian accent, which is never a good idea.
What is a good idea is Krome Studios pumping out a sequel to a rather underrated series. Ty 4 is the real deal—smooth and fast with excellent music and a strange grasp on the habits of Australian wildlife, like all great games.
The game’s Steam page tells this tale:
The hero loved by millions worldwide, TY the Tasmanian Tiger, is back! Join TY on an exciting new adventure in the great Aussie Outback. Use your wits and boomerangs to find hidden treasures, help the colorful locals, and uncover the mysteries of the land Down Under.
- 40 levels of adventures in the Australian Outback.
- Multiple game modes: Adventure, Time Attack, Turkey Chase, and Danger Arena.
- Defeat enemies by freezing, zapping, and more with many boomerangs to choose from.
- Play as TY or his friends from Bush Rescue HQ.
- TY the Tasmanian Tiger 4 soundtrack included in the purchase!
Plus it’s only $5.39 right now, which is Australian dollars is $7.62, so we’re basically stealing the game.
The First Five is the first five minutes of a game with light commentary. Once the five minutes are up, so am I.