The choice seems to be a gut-instinct one, made "several minutes" after deciding four years ago he wanted to build such a table. "I guess I could have gone with a more obvious geek choice like Bruce Campbell but to be honest, Paxton's more interesting and has made movies people have actually seen."
*ducks* Hey, he said it, not me.
Moving along, he's set to designing the table's artwork before its play, it seems. The backglass has already been put together, and contains these references:
• Can of Hamm's - he drinks it in several movies.
• Alien holding a Fish Head - 3000 years ago Paxton directed a Barnes & Barnes video called, well, Fish Heads, about, well, Fish Heads.
• Blob of crap from Weird Science.
• Axe from Fraility.
• Cow / truck from Twister.
• Skyline of Paxton's hometown in the background.
• Crew of Apollo 13.
• Plane from Slipsteam.
• Mountain / photo from Vertical Limit.
• ROV from Titanic.
• Some wives from Big Love.
He's sketching out four modes of play based off of Paxton classics - True Lies will require lots of combos and multiplers "to, I guess, get into Jamie Lee Curtis' pants." Others include Twister, Titanic and, naturally, Aliens.
Hold Flipper for Status Update [BenHeck.com]