Welcome back to "Backhanded Box Quotes," a collection of measured, thoughtful criticism from the user reviews of Metacritic.
Far Cry 3 is pulling down a Metacritic 90. The Walking Dead just re-released for retail and was the Video Game Awards' game of the year. Clearly, video gaming has saved its best for last. So have those who hate these two tours de force.
Released: Dec. 4.
Critic: Q8ezy (Metacritic)
• Very very videogame. No challenge, you end up god like before long. Quests are repetative. Story is terribad. Although if you really like Assassins creed 3, you'll probably like this game too.
Critic: sean25 (Metacritic)
• I can at-least be satisfied in that this game is going to bring the community one step closer to noticing the clear capitalistic motives of main stream developers that trump any motivation to create an original, good, game, and one step closer to relying on the indie developers that are creating today's innovative games. Now allow me to step off my soap-box."
"P.S If you're a 12 year-old console COD fanboy, do us true gamers a favor, and put your parents money toward something of quality (like meth, or cyanide), and stop ruining this industry.
Critic: Violent (Metacritic)
• "All in all a really crappy game. It gets 2 because the voiceacting was better than average"
Critic: wdb (Metacritic)
• "wtf. this game sucks right out of the box. what was ubisoft thinking? all they had to do was take farcry2 and add some new maps and story lines. wheres the system link? what about those of us who don't have high speed internet?"
Critic: Shinigurai (Metacritic)
• "It's like this game was play-tested, but never fun-tested"
Critic: vanomasenglish (Metacritic)
• "textures **** polygon count **** story **** low budget game, no money pay for this bored **** Iam dont know what yet write because i play only 20 minutes in this **** and deleted this after this."
Critic: X-Fushion (Metacritic)
[Editor's Note: Run-on sentence incoming.]
• "The most overrated game I have seen In my life, tell me what is the most important thing in a videogame, yeah the story is very important and this game has a good one but the story is not the most important thing is the gameplay wich this game has not, the "gameplay" if i can call it that is a bunch of QTE and interactive cutscenes and point and click stuff and like I said the story is really good but the gameplay kills it you just move your cursor and watch things happen."
Backhanded Box Quotes will be an occasional feature of Kotaku's Anger Management, unless it isn't.