Well, the big idea I had was already grabbed up midweek. That would be the mashup of Electronic Arts and Star Wars. So I've got to pull the ripcord on Plan B: People looking ridiculous while being guillotined in or riding a roller coaster with the Oculus Rift.
The two exploitables I have to offer are framegrabs from those two videos. If you spot something better or derpier, by all means, go for it. If you know of another image with someone wearing an Oculus Rift headset that is more exploitable, that's fair game, too. The only guideline this week: Someone in the shot has to be wearing the Oculus Rift headset.
Source Image: Oculus Rift guillotine victim.
Source Image: Oculus Rift roller coaster victim.
While most of you are smart enough to figure out how to upload images, here are some simple steps to take for those less familiar with the practice.
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop.
2. Go to the bottom of this post and click "Discuss."
3. This brings up a comment window. Click the icon that looks like a picture.
4. This brings up another window called "Insert Image." Click "Choose file" if you're uploading your 'shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image's URL into the field that says "Image URL." Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. I'm not sure if we still have file size restrictions under Kinja but it's probably a good idea to keep your image size under 1 MB. This is especially true for animated .gifs. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels.
Alright! Have at it. Thanks very much for your participation.