Let's spare a word of charity for Henry Gribbohm, who redefined "booby prize" when he spent his life's savings trying to win an Xbox 360 at a carnival game and instead walked away with an enormous dreadlocked banana, at the effective price of $2,600. That fairly calls for 'Shop Contest immortality, wouldn't you say?
So make it happen. Our colleagues at Gawker supply this exploitable of Gribbohm, but the banana is partially obscured. All I can say is that a Google image search of his name turns up a lot more. And if that doesn't tickle your banana, here's a wild card: The juggalo from the Grand Theft Auto V trailers released this week. I'll accept submissions based on either.
Source Image: Henry Gribbohm and the dreadlocked banana.
Wild card: GTA V Juggalo.
We've got a new commenting system, and while most of you are smart enough to figure out how to upload images, here are some simple steps to take for those less familiar with the practice
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop.
2. Go to the bottom of this post and click "Discuss."
3. This brings up a comment window. Click the icon that looks like a picture.
4. This brings up another window called "Insert Image." Click "Choose file" if you're uploading your 'shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image's URL into the field that says "Image URL." Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. I'm not sure if we still have file size restrictions under Kinja but it's probably a good idea to keep your image size under 1 MB. This is especially true for animated .gifs. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels.
Alright! Have at it. Thanks very much for your participation.