Last week I thought I had a timely exploitable with the Watermelon Warriors but noooo, y'all wanted Psyduck Kid, the lead image from our Pokémon World Championships roundup. Grievances were lodged; snide, dismissive responses were given and suddenly I was being threatened like I was a games developer or something.
Well, OK, here you go. Psyduck Kid. And just to spite all of you, I pre-emptively took the funniest image from the protest in the comments—by all-star sciteach—and made it today's lead image. That a) forces him to come up with something else and b) it forces you to try to do something funnier. Heh hah! I win.
Now everyone's gonna riot over the fact it isn't the unhappy Sims couple from Friday's Dayshot. I can't win!
OK, so while most of you ingrates are smart enough to figure out how to upload images, here are some simple steps to take for those less familiar with the practice.
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop.
2. Go to the bottom of this post and click "Discuss."
3. This brings up a comment window. Click the icon that looks like a picture.
4. This brings up another window called "Insert Image." Click "Choose file" if you're uploading your 'shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image's URL into the field that says "Image URL." Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.
Alright! Have at it. Thanks very much for your participation.