Here's a quick list of what players can expect, according to the Entertainment Software Rating Board, from the year's most anticipated video game:
- stealing cars
- executing heists
- assassinating targets
- machine guns
- sniper rifles
- the ability to shoot non-adversary civilians
- Blood-splatter effects
- rare depictions of dismemberment.
- depictions of sexual material/activity
- implied fellatio and masturbation
- various sex acts that the player's character procures from a prostitute
- various sexual moaning sounds can be heard.
- a topless lap dance in a strip club
- male cult members with exposed genitalia in a non-sexual context.
- myriad sex jokes
- depictions of raw sewage and feces on a worker's body
- a brief instance of necrophilia (no nudity is depicted)
- smoking from a bong
- lighting a marijuana joint
- cocaine use is also depicted
- The words “f**k,” “c*nt,” and “n**ger”
And yet, despite (because of?) the controversial gameplay, Grand Theft Auto V is the best Grand Theft Auto yet, Stephen Totilo writes at Kotaku.