In Warlords of Draenor’s first content patch, we only got a few Garrison tweaks and a selfie camera. But the second one is going to be huge: There’s a new raid, a new outdoor zone, dungeons are getting a harder difficulty setting, and there’s a new Garrison feature—the Shipyard!
Tanaan Jungle, the currently unfinished level 100 zone of Draenor will finally be accessible, but since it’s blocked by mountains and water, the only way to get there is by building ships. Here’s what the patch notes reveal:
- It’s time to take the fight back to The Iron Horde in Tanaan Jungle!
- Access to the zone is unlocked by constructing a Shipyard (available to characters with a level 3 Garrison). To begin your journey, report to your Garrison and accept the “War Council” quest.
- New daily quests are available in Tanaan to acquire shipyard resources and more.
- Open-world questing with rare creatures and hidden treasures are scattered throughout the zone.
- Build ships in your Shipyard and dispatch them on new Naval Missions.
- Naval Missions are still early in development. More information will be added as it becomes available.
According to MMO-Champion there’ll be different type of ships available, and although there are no pictures of them yet, the blueprint item names “Destroyer”, “Dreadnaught” or “Submarine,” suggesting that those badass beasts from WarCraft II are back.
[Image via MMO-Champion]
This is how Tanaan Jungle, the new outdoor zone, looks from above with the new raid Hellfire Citadel in the center. It’ll be a relatively big area with 13 bosses including some familiar faces from World of Warcraft’s lore:
- Assault the Hellfire Citadel, mighty fortress of the Iron Horde, torn asunder by fel energies unleashed by Gul’dan, and stop the impending invasion of Azeroth!
- Hellfire Citadel stands at the heart of Tanaan Jungle, where 13 deadly bosses await you, including Kilrogg Deadeye, the monstrous Gorefiend, a reanimated Mannoroth, and Archimonde himself.
Archimonde is back:
A funny looking Gorefiend:
Lord Kazzak is back as well:
So it looks like Archimonde, a returning foe from WarCraft III and The Burning Crusade, will be the final boss of the new raid. Also everything got the demonic green-yellow “fel energy” look. Not just raid bosses but new mounts as well:
Not all mounts though. But that doesn’t mean they don’t look amazing:
[Images via Wowhead]
There’s more: 5-man dungeons are getting the Mythic difficulty, something that was exclusive to raids till now. Dungeons were a bit irrelevant during Warlords of Draenor’s first six months, because of the lack of rewards, but this might fix things pretty quickly.
- Draenor Dungeons now have a new difficulty level designed to challenge even the most hardened adventurers with a befitting increase in reward. Mythic difficulty is geared towards players that enjoy tackling difficult content in smaller groups and is designed to provide an alternate progression path.
- Mythic Dungeons are on a weekly lockout, and drop gear that’s item level 680 with a chance for boss at the end to drop loot that’s item level 700.
Check out the full patch notes here for more (Hunters, don’t read the class changes section, you’ll be disappointed)
Patch 6.2 is currently on the Public Test Realms available for testing. There’s no release date yet.
Top image: r/wow
To contact the author of this post, write to: email@example.com