Greetings, Kotaku readers from around the world. Let's put this Friday to bed with some off-topic conversation. That is, if you're feeling up to it after today's roller coaster day.
Reading news reports of the latest developments in northern Japan, it's hard to feel too upbeat going into this weekend. At least I've got some potential jury duty to look forward to next week... Seriously, on the brighter side, it seems that everyone I know in Japan is doing fine, which is all the good news I need today.
Please, talk amongst yourselves and have a safe and happy weekend.
- The official Super 8 trailer - Looks kind of awesome. io9 breaks down the trailer in 61 frames.
- Chrysler drops the F-bomb on Twitter - Also drops the people responsible.
- Some sexy sax man serenade - Old but lol.
- Conan the Barbarian teaser - :|
- Japan's Strict Building Codes Saved Lives - "Hidden inside the skeletons of high-rise towers, extra steel bracing, giant rubber pads and embedded hydraulic shock absorbers make modern Japanese buildings among the sturdiest in the world during a major earthquake."