Picking stuff up in games will never get old.
Whether its coins in Super Mario Bros. or rings in Sonic, game developers learned a long time ago that we love grabbing stuff in games. It’s what made Pac-Man a sensation decades ago and what’s still driving the Ubisoft collectible-industrial complex. Instead of chomping on ghosts or grabbing golden puzzle pieces out of mid-air, now it’s just animal skins for the trader down the road or special ammunition for rare guns.
And unlike a lot of other things—sex, war, fonts—video games are actually pretty damn good at satisfying our bottomless need to discover, hoard, and upgrade shit.
Tuesday, April 11
- A Rose in the Twilight — Vita
- Aaero — Xbox One, PS4
- Cosmic Star Heroine — PS4
- Crawl — Xbox One, PS4
- Euro Fishing — PS4
- Fairune — Vita
- Kero Blaster — PS4
- Lichtspeer — Vita
- The Sexy Brutale — Xbox One, PS4
- Snow Moto Racing Freedom — PS4
- StarBlood Arena — PSVR
- Stardew Valley: Collector’s Edition — PS4
- Yooka-Laylee — Xbox One, PS4, Switch, PC, Mac
Wednesday, April 12
- The Sexy Brutale — Xbox One
Thursday, April 13
- Rolling Bob — PS4
- Calm Waters — PC, Mac
Tuesday, April 18
- Full Throttle Remastered — PS4, Vita, PC
- Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series - Episode 1: Tangled Up in Blue — Xbox One, PS4, PC, Mac, iOS, Android
- The Disney Afternoon Collection — Xbox One, PS4, PC
- The Silver Case — PS4
- Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap — Xbox One, PS4, Switch
Friday, April 21
- Micro Machines World Series — Xbox One, PS4, PC
What else is coming out soon? Planning to play something on Steam or mobile? Tell us about it in the comments.