What possesses a Pokémon fan to storm the most protexted lawn in the United States of America decked out in Pikachu gear? Perhaps this week's Photoshop contest can shed some light on the matter.
In case you missed it, an obvious lover of all things Pikachu danced with the Secret Service on the White House lawn earlier this week, causing the building to go into lockdown and an entire nation to holds its breath to see if he caught any Pokémon.
It's pretty obvious to me that this man was trying to catch them all and deduced, as many people have, that the best pocket monsters lurk in the most exclusive grass. It's up to our crew of crack image manipulators to prove him right.
The theme is Pokémon in, on or around the White House. Points will be taken off if you mistake the Capitol building for the White House, so make sure you Google first.
How To Upload Images — Instructions
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 636 pixels wide. If they aren't, you will be shot.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click
4. This brings up Click "Choose file" if you're uploading your 'shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image's URL into the field that says "Image URL." Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.