Next week, all eyes will be on E3, as the video game industry blows the doors off the Los Angeles Convention Center with megaton-caliber announcements. There will be short shorts, there will be news.
And we already know what some of that news might be, as prophesied by our sometimes precise E3 2009 predictions. Some are all but confirmed, some are rumor, some are speculation, and some are simply fact. But you have to wager which of our predictions are the most accurate—and have the most favorable odds!—to properly bet in the E3 2009 Kotaku Fantasy Betting Pool.
The winner will win a brief flash of internet fame and something schwaggarific. Just make sure you read the predictions and read the rules. Oh the wonderful rules.
The Rules, in order of importance.
1. You may make one comment and one comment only in this post. This comment represents your wager and should not be used to discuss another commenter's bet. Any further comments beyond the wagering comment will disqualify you.
2. Do not add your own predictions to the list of bets. Please use the comments in our E3 predictions post for your own speculation. It's fun!
3. You have 500 Kotaku Points to bet. The minimum bet is 50 KP per prediction, and the maximum bet is 250 KP. Distribute as you will!
4. All bets must add up to 500 Kotaku Points. Any bets totaling more or less than 500 will be thrown out. Check your math!
5. Place your bet in this format:
50 KP - Nintendo announces new Legend of Zelda title for the Wii (8:1)
200 KP - Half-Life 2: Episode Three unveiled for PC and Xbox 360 (3:1)
100 KP - Smaller, cheaper PlayStation 3 announced for Fall release (3:1)
100 KP - Nintendo announces Kid Icarus for Wii (4:1)
50 KP - Square Enix announces a Final Fantasy VII remake for PS3/360/Wii/DS/PSP (10000:1)
Failure to observe the rules above disqualifies your entry, so let it stew until you have it right.
What do you win? Fabulous cash and prizes (minus cash)! Expect that whomever walks away with the most points not only scores internet credibility (approximate value is 1/10 of 1 cent) but will also secure a pile of E3 swag the likes of which may have never been seen (except for possibly last year's haul). I've personally got plenty of coveted mystery stuff to give away. Don't worry. We'll make it worth your while.
In the case of a tie, we'll doing a random drawing to determine the winner.
Got it? Betting ends Saturday, May 30 at 8 PM EST. Have fun!