What industry-shaking, fanboy spirit-crushing announcements will we see revealed at E3 2008? Will Nintendo finally respond to nostalgia-laced cries for a new Clu Clu Land? Will Microsoft's X-waggle reveal emit applause, the sound of crickets or an arena full of tittering? Will Sony finally reveal the sequel to Blasto? Will we see even *one* pair of short shorts at the LA Convention Center?
You've read our surgically precise E3 predictions — now it's time to bet on them. Not so fast, Speed. We got some rules to discuss! Keep reading.
The Rules, in order of importance.
1. You may make one comment and one comment only in this post. This comment represents your wager and should not be used to discuss another commenter's bet. Any further comments beyond the wagering comment will disqualify you.
2. Do not add your own predictions to the list of bets. Please use the comments in our E3 predictions post for your own speculation. It's fun!
3. You have 500 Kotaku Points to bet. The minimum bet is 50 KP per prediction, and the maximum bet is 250 KP. Distribute as you will!
4. All bets must add up to 500 Kotaku Points. Any bets totaling more or less than 500 will be thrown out. Check your math!
5. Place your bet in this format:
50 KP - Microsoft will announce a Blu-ray add-on (50:1)
200 KP - Bungie's answer to Mario unveiled (2:1)
100 KP - Smaller, cheaper PlayStation 3 announced for 2008 release (10:1)
100 KP - Nintendo announces Factor 5 developed Kid Icarus for Wii, spares us a Wii Bow peripheral. (4:1)
50 KP - The Xbox 360 gets a web browser. (20:1)
Failure to observe the rules above disqualifies your entry, so let it stew until you have it right.
What do you win? Fabulous cash and prizes (minus cash)! Expect that whomever walks away with the most points not only scores internet credibility (approximate value is 1/10 of 1 cent) but will also secure a pile of E3 swag the likes of which may have never been seen (except for possibly last year's haul). I've personally got plenty of coveted mystery stuff to give away. Don't worry. We'll make it worth your while.
In the case of a tie, we'll doing a random drawing to determine the winner.
Got it? Betting ends Friday, July 11 at 8 PM EST. Have fun!