Our Super Bowl Sunday edition comes, astonishingly, by request. Yes, folks, you saw that picture of the Denver Broncos' Tim Tebow at Madden Bowl XVIII and demanded it be the source image for the Kotaku 'Shop Contest. Who am I to argue with the wisdom of the crowd?
If the NFL's best and brightest are not instantly recognizable to you, from left, that's Drew Brees, the quarterback of the New Orleans Saints; Jimmy Graham, of Goldsboro, N.C., and Tim Tebow of Nazareth. OK, OK, I'm kidding, Tim Tebow isn't in a rock band. He's the quarterback of the Denver Broncos. Jimmy Graham, however, is from Goldsboro.
Anyway, we've got three manly dudes planning out their strategy in Madden NFL 12, plus one unidentified bystander at back. That, plus Tebow's divinity, should provide a bountiful harvest of 'Shoppable inspirations. Get to it!
Source Image: Drew Brees, Jimmy Graham and Tim Tebow at Madden Bowl XVIII.
You know the rules: The 20 best will get rounded up and published at the end of next Saturday. Meantime, I and the rest of the starred commentariat will approve and promote as many as we can so folks can see them and pass judgment.
This is your no-frills step-by-step procedure to participation in the Kotaku 'Shop Contest.
1. Create your 'Shop.
2. Upload it to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. It's stupid simple. No account is necessary.
3. This is very important: You must use the URL of the image itself. In imgur, this is the second URL it gives you after you upload the image. It's under "Direct Link (email & IM)"
4. At the beginning of the comments roll, click "Start a New Thread"
5. To the right of your name, select "Image."
6. Paste the imgur URL in the image URL field. It's the field that says "Image URL."
7. You can add editorial commentary if you want, but then just hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, paste the image URL as a comment.
8. This is important: Keep your image size under 1 MB. It will not upload to comments if it is over that size. What's more, we're getting reports that if your 'Shop is more than 1000px tall (vertical), it won't upload. If you're getting the broken-image icon, try resizing to a smaller dimension.
Now, Gentlemen, start your 'shopping!