Kotaku readers, let's start the weekend off officially with some off topic conversation, whether it be about music, movies, video games, personal affairs or some other subject.
Perhaps the most devastating off topic news of the week is the removal of Rebecca Black's "Friday" from YouTube, a cultural touchstone seemingly gone for good. Or for now. Either or. I guess there was some legal dispute about this or that? It's not that interesting of a story, I guess. She'll be missed, regardless.
Anyway, let's cheer ourselves up with some cheery chit-chat. Have a good weekend, ladies and gents. Stay safe.
- Uncanny X-Men "cancelled" - Really Marvel is just splitting it into two series, one being Wolverine & the X-Men.
- Jimmy Carter argues against the War on Drugs - "Penalties against possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself."
- How to get banned from your school at graduation - Story highlight: "Cesena said he's proud of increasing security at graduation ceremonies, noting there have been no arrests for the past two years."
- Who was that guy making out in the middle of Vancouver's riot? - Supposedly an Australian man.
- New trailer for the surprisingly good looking Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Kind of excited to see how this turns out.