I thought I would have more time to prepare myself for another live-action Sonic contest. But I forgot about Halloween. I. FORGOT. ABOUT. HALLOWEEN. And so, with a lot of hesitation, I have decided to make this week’s contest all about that terrifying and creepy Sonic mask. God help us all.
Your challenge this week: Make something with that mask.
I can only hope none of you jokers and weirdos decide to have this mask pop up in future contests. That would be terrible. Let’s not do that. Please?
To make things easier for you folks I’ve already cut out the Sonic mask so you can more easily create something awful.
Next week I’ll pick a winner and hand out some awards!
Please note that the image submissions rules have changed just a little bit. We’re looking for images that are 800 pixels wide now!
How To Submit — Instructions
1. Create your ‘Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 800 pixels wide.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click “Choose file” if you’re uploading your ‘shop from your desktop
4. Alternatively, you can upload the ‘Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image’s URL into the field that says “Image URL.” Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
5. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn’t, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I will look at it.
6. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you’re still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.