We lost a good one. A few days ago Mr. Peanut, the famous mascot himself, was confirmed dead after sacrificing his life for two nobodies that honestly weren’t worth his death. Let us celebrate the life of Mr. Peanut in this dark time.
Your challenge this week: Add Mr. Peanut to games, movies, TV shows, etc.
Also, please don’t reply to this post with comments like “Who cares about him?” or “This is just a big viral marketing thing. Don’t take the bait dude.”To the first point, his family cares you cold-hearted bastard. And to the second point. The world is a giant dumpster fire right now for a lot of reasons. So let people have fun with a stupid marketing event. We all need some laughter.
Here are two different Mr. Peanuts. You can also use any image of the mascot.
Next week I’ll pick a winner and hand out some awards!
Please note we’re looking for images that are 800 pixels wide now!
How To Submit — Instructions
1. Create your ‘Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 800 pixels wide.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click “Choose file” if you’re uploading your ‘shop from your desktop
4. Alternatively, you can upload the ‘Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image’s URL into the field that says “Image URL.” Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
5. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn’t, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I will look at it.
6. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you’re still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.