Where were you when the internet completely stopped everything it was doing and began frantically trying to grab a PS5 after the became available to pre-order with no warning? I was at a computer, luckily.
Your challenge this week: Show the struggle and chaos of PS5 pre-order day.
Yes, earlier this week the PS5 went up for pre-order and chaos ensued. Kotaku’s own Luke Plunkett accurately described it as a clusterfuck. I agree. It was a total mess and things go so bad that Sony yesterday apologized and promised more PS5s would be available soon. But today we look back to the past. Show the chaos of that day.
Here’s a handy PS5 for you and the PS5 box. And, bonus: These are free and unlimited. Take as many as you want!
Next week, I’ll pick a winner and some of my favorites.
Please note that the image submissions rules have changed just a little bit. We’re looking for images that are 800 pixels wide now!
How To Submit — Instructions
1. Create your ‘Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 800 pixels wide.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click “Choose file” if you’re uploading your ‘shop from your desktop
4. Alternatively, you can upload the ‘Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image’s URL into the field that says “Image URL.” Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
5. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn’t, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I will look at it.
6. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you’re still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.