People complain about modern art a lot. “Anyone could paint some dots on a canvas.” Usually, their complaints are unfair. But then someone sticks a banana to a wall and sells it for $120,000 and sort of proves a lot of the jokes and criticisms of modern art to be totally true. Wild stuff.
Your challenge this week: Place this expensive banana in a video game. OR tape something else to the wall and create your own art!
I’ve provided some PNG files below of both the banana and the duct tape. You can use this or as always, use your own images you find on the internet.
Next week I’ll pick a winner and hand out some awards!
Please note that the image submissions rules have changed just a little bit. We’re looking for images that are 800 pixels wide now!
How To Submit — Instructions
1. Create your ‘Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 800 pixels wide.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click “Choose file” if you’re uploading your ‘shop from your desktop
4. Alternatively, you can upload the ‘Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image’s URL into the field that says “Image URL.” Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
5. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn’t, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I will look at it.
6. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you’re still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.