Good evening, Kotaku readership. Been on any interesting trips lately? Have something you need to get off your chest? Looking for stimulating non-video game related chatter? This post is for you.
Who out there in Kotaku-land is going to Tokyo Game Show this year? I am! So is Mr. Ashcraft, naturally. But since I've got a bit of a vacation hangover, I'm keeping my stay overseas brief. I think this is my sixth trip to Tokyo, so I'm thinking "been there, done that" a little too much. Anyone out there have some insider tips about how to make travel in Tokyo fun this year?
Oh. The above image is from Lex Augusteijn, a photographer skilled with a high-speed camera and a rifle.
Here's some stuff.
- Oxford English Dictionary 'will not be printed again' - Publisher cites the effects of the internet on book sales. Don't worry, language lovers, it may not be as bad as it seems.
- Washington, We Have a Problem - Vanity Fair's looong look at the Obama administration and the complexity of a modern presidency. Still chugging through it.
- Darren Aronofsky in the running to direct Wolverine 2? - Sound suspect! Can anyone make the X-Men movies good again?
- Biden to cool his heels in Mexico for a while - The Onion's Biden is amazing.
- How panhandlers use(d) prepaid credit cards - Journalist hands out plastic to Toronto homeless as part of an experiment. Fascinating.