Here are the key details I gathered from Game Informer’s report:
- It’s called Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5.
- Tony Hawk will be a playable character in the game.
- It’s coming out on the PS4 and Xbox One “later in the year,” with last-gen versions to follow.
- New additions include “power-ups” and “projectiles” that skaters can shoot during “specific missions.” Interesting…
- There will be online competitive and cooperative multiplayer.
- The game has nine levels. Objectives within all the levels won’t be “story-based.”
Projectiles and power-ups? I honestly don’t know what to make of that. Here’s how the Game Informer article describes it:
Some of the levels charge up your skateboard with level-specific power-ups when completed. For instance, one level we played had a series of electrified wires atop the roofs of successive buildings. Grinding all of them charged up our board, making it a little faster. Another power-up gives you more ramming power—useful when you want to complete a mission such a clearing a pool full of inflatable objects or hitting a soccer ball through a goal.
All nine levels have at least one or two power-ups, Game Informer added. Plus, the power-ups stack up on top of one another. I’m not entirely sure what that’ll look like in practice yet.
Until we get more firm details about what this trigger happy Tony Hawk will play like, take a look at a few more screenshots from Game Informer’s piece to give you an idea of what Pro Skater 5’s skateboarding goodness will look like:
Read the full Game Informer article for more information and additional screenshots.
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.