Box Boy!, the puzzle platformer that one of our guys in Japan calls a "love letter to the original Game Boy" and "easily the best 680 yen I have spent on gaming in years," is coming to the American 3DS eShop this spring, according to Nintendo, who were talking eShop this week at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco.
Box Boy! is made by HAL, the people who create the Kirby games, so it's not quite an indie, but Nintendo was mostly hyping indie releases for the eShop at at GDC event on Tuesday.
Among the indies coming to Nintendo platforms for download:
- One-to-three-player space-piloting game Affordable Space Adventures for Wii U on April 9
- Sidescrolling real-time-strategy sequel Sword and Soldiers II for Wii U in May
- Woodsy survival game Don't Starve: Giant Edition for Wii U in the spring
- Snowy Alaskan Native platformer Never Alone for Wii U in June
- Frantic, very competitive running/platforming game Runbow for Wii U in the third quarter of 2015.
- And more, including: Octodad, Nova 111, Ninja Pizza Girl, Wind Up Knight 2, Race the Sun, Adventures of Pip, a new edition of Mutant Mudds and Badland Game of the Year edition. (I'm not sure about the platforms on all of those; could be a mix of Wii U and 3DS.)
I'll have more on a couple of these games in the coming days. For now, if you want more Box Boy!, check out the stream we did of the Japanese version.