Galactus and Deadpool—two guys classified as “bad guys” at one point in time—are going to be Avengers when the Marvel Universe returns to a more recognizable form this fall. And they’re going to have a lot of company, some of whom are coming from alternate universes.
The Avengers family of comic books is going to swell to ridiculous proportions when Marvel’s All-New, All-Different initiative starts in October. Six loosely affiliated teams will be headlining titles this fall, with a total of 37 members. Readers will get a glimpse of these various squads in Avengers #0, a preview issue due on October 7. You can take a look at some preview pages below.
Here’s a rundown of what we know so far about the many, many Avengers assembling next month.
We’ve already seen this line-up in a preview from this summer. It looks like this will be the main Avengers team, since it’s got the latest versions of the heroes who have traditionally been core members of Earth’s MIghtiest Heroes
- Captain America (Sam Wilson)
- Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
- Iron Man
- Ms. Marvel
- Thor (Jane Foster)
The premise of this title is that each character is the sole survivor of their respective realities and that they’ll take harsher measures to maintain the survival of the new reality that they’ve wound up in.
- Hyperion from mainline Marvel Universe
- Nighthawk (from Supreme Power)
- Doctor Spectrum (from the Great Society seen in pre-Secret Wars New Avengers)
- Blur from the New Universe
- not sure who the female character in purple is
Many of the characters from the Secret Wars team book will be showing up in the new series that launches in October.
- Nico Minoru (from the Runaways)
- and a rotating roster of guest-stars
Operating under the Avengers Idea Mechanism shingle, this seems to be a younger crew of heroes led by Sunspot.
- Squirrel Girl
Just from the aggregate intelligence and powers of the members, this looks like it’ll be the cosmic-level Avengers division.
- Black Panther
- Blue Marvel
- Captain Marvel
- Miss America
- Monica Rambeau
This is where the guy who used to Captain America winds up, which makes one wonder if there’ll be a rivalry between this team and the All-New, All-Different Avengers
- Steve Rogers
- a Human Torch-type character who might be Inferno or Toro
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
- Brother Voodoo
- anyone know who the female character is?