Some Halloween costumes are better disguises than others.
In the spirit of the holiday and of not forgoing another ‘Shop Contest, this week’s prompt will be to take your favorite video game characters, past or present, and dress them up like different ones. Maybe that’s Cloud Strife bobbing for apples as a Witcher, or Zelda carving pumpkins in a set of post-apocalyptic Fallout armor. The options really are endless.
Bonus points if it’s explicitly Halloween-themed. That means doing something somewhere between putting a sack full of candy in someone’s hands a GIF of them dancing to Thriller. Cap-outs, like mine above, will almost inevitably lose unless they are unusually clever (or spooky)!
The other ground rules are below. See you next weekend with the winners and best of luck to everyone who enters.
How To Upload Images — Instructions
1. Create your ‘Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 636 pixels wide. If they aren’t, you will be shot.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click
4. This brings up Click “Choose file” if you’re uploading your ‘shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the ‘Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image’s URL into the field that says “Image URL.” Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn’t, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you’re still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.