With only ten days to go before Christmas, knitters around the globe anxiously chew at the end of their needles, trying to come up with the perfect video game-themed holiday sweater. I believe we can help.
Inspired by both a post over at Gizmodo's Toyland blog and a suggestion from Mr. uscg_pa, this week's 'shop contest taking a festive turn. We're looking for woven long-sleeved winter garments that scream "I wear ugly clothes and am also a gamer."
You can get all fancy, like this design from T-Shirt Vortex...
Gaming. Ugly. Sweaters. Make you weird aunts proud.
How To Upload Images — Instructions
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 636 pixels wide. If they aren't, you will be shot.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click
4. This brings up Click "Choose file" if you're uploading your 'shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image's URL into the field that says "Image URL." Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.