Let's go ahead and give credit to reader JustWaitingForAMate for this idea. This week Luke wrote about Nintendo's first electronic toy—a walkie-talkie from the mid-1960s. "Does this scream Kotaku photoshop contest to anyone else?" wrote JWFAM. Well, it did to me.
Some folks already took to the comments of that post with 'Shops of their own, and as long as they're original—and posted by their creators—they're good here. Otherwise, there all kinds of comedic situations and implied captions to be found in this exploitable.
Source Image: Box art for "the Nintendo Transceiver Companion"
While most of you are smart enough to figure out how to upload images, here are some simple steps to take for those less familiar with the practice.
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop.
2. Go to the bottom of this post and click "Discuss."
3. This brings up a comment window. Click the icon that looks like a picture.
4. This brings up another window called "Insert Image." Click "Choose file" if you're uploading your 'shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image's URL into the field that says "Image URL." Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.
Alright! Have at it. Thanks very much for your participation.
To contact the author of this post, write to firstname.lastname@example.org or find him on Twitter @owengood.