We love video games. We love board games. We love board games based on video games, but sometimes it seems like one company has exclusive control of the market. Guess we'll just have to make our own.
Based on a suggestion from a guy we all know, this week's Photoshop contest is all about transforming our favorite video games into board games. Think Grand Theft Auto would pair well with The Game of Life? Go for it. Pokemon Risk? I'd play it. Another f'ing Monopoly game? Really? Maybe don't do that. Unless you can make it funny.
Seem like a complex task? It doesn't have to be. Make a special playing piece for an existing game, or just give some of the spaces on an existing game board a makeover. I'm not asking you to completely redesign Chess.
Though that would be very cool.
As always, results shall be posted next weekend. Want the same instructions from every other 'Shop Contest post pasted below? You got it, pal.
How To Upload Images — Instructions
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 636 pixels wide. If they aren't, you will be shot.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click
4. This brings up Click "Choose file" if you're uploading your 'shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image's URL into the field that says "Image URL." Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.