So you might not get the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL. It's really no big deal. Besides, you could make a better one. All you'd need is Photoshop or something. Hey, I have an idea!
The internet is swimming with artwork from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. This post is swimming with PNG images of the New 3DS XL. Put the two together, and you've got — well, likely something just as good if not better than the same mask image we've seen over and over again with a Photoshop filter applied. I mean come on, that thing isn't all that sexy. You can do much better. The Tingle up top took me literally 30 seconds. I just changed the hue, slapped on some art and set the layer to Multiply. Easy-peasy.
Here are some images to get you started.
And what the hell, in case you hate Majora's Mask, use whatever your favorite Zelda game is. I'm feeling generous after a long break.
Entries are due by next Saturday. Your designs will be completely sold out moments later.
How To Upload Images — Instructions
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 636 pixels wide. If they aren't, you will be shot.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click
4. This brings up Click "Choose file" if you're uploading your 'shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image's URL into the field that says "Image URL." Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.