This week's 'Shop Contest subject is such a no-brainer many of you already have gotten a head start. How could it be anything but Gabe Newell's proof-of-posting photo from his cameo on a couple of subreddits this week?
There's Gabe. There's an easily maskable background. There are Starbucks frappuccinos. There is ample space to Gabe's right to give him a friend. Why am I still talking to you? I expect to see at least 10 submissions in the first five minutes after this is posted.
Source Image: Valve boss Gabe Newell proving that Reddit post was his.
While most of you are smart enough to figure out how to upload images, here are some simple steps to take for those less familiar with the practice.
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop.
2. Go to the bottom of this post and click "Discuss."
3. This brings up a comment window. Click the icon that looks like a picture.
4. This brings up another window called "Insert Image." Click "Choose file" if you're uploading your 'shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image's URL into the field that says "Image URL." Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.
Alright! Have at it. Thanks very much for your participation.