It's pretty clear, whenever we write about them, that many of you don't care for Facebook games, certainly some of the more popular ones. Today's your chance for revenge.
Our mission today: Create your worst Facebook game imaginable. The sky is the limit, but I want to see total caricatures. At their worst, Facebook games are reheated advergaming stuffed in a pita pocket of of development-by-numbers. Apply that to recognizable console games, whether good or bad. Let's see something more tarted-up, pimped-out and exploited than a nine-year-old at a beauty pageant.
That picture above is illustrative only, not a source image. Anything is fair game, but here are suggestions if you've got 'Shoppers block:
• Take a console game, whether good or bad, and port it, awfully, to Facebook. Give a recognizable screenshot a Facebook game HUD and voila.
• Give a Facebook game a console release, i.e. box art, or or a Facebook game with a recognizable console game's HUD.
• Do something completely ridiculous. Virtual Boy Facebook gaming; Facebook gaming with PlayStation Move, etc.
• Depict video game characters in the act of Facebook gaming. This is for all you Team Fortress 2 shoppers.
• Bad Dudes. Last week we had an easy subject with 600 entries and not a single Bad Dudes reference. I'm disappointed in all of you, particularly Bouchart.
I don't want to steal anyone's jokes, but I've already got four or five 'Ville thoughts that, if I had any skills, I'd enter myself.
Post your submissions in the comments. The 20 best will get rounded up and published at the end of next Saturday. Meantime, I and the rest of the starred commentariat will approve and promote as many as we can so folks can see them and pass judgment. Remember, if you're trying to get a comment account approved, turning in a worthy 'shop is an easy path to the privilege.