Last week’s release of DC Comics’ We Are Robin #1 proved that anyone can become the embodiment of Batman’s sidekick by careful application of red, yellow and the letter “R.” Anyone. See where we’re going here?
Just look at this comic book cover.
All it takes is a black and white image of someone—a celebrity, game developer, video game character, Luke Plunkett, etc.—a little red, a little yellow and maybe a grungy “R” if you’re feeling nasty.
There is a grassroots crimefighter inside everyone. All it needs is a little image manipulation. Start recruiting, and we’ll meet up here next week to see how our little recruitment drive goes.
How To Upload Images — Instructions
1. Create your ‘Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 636 pixels wide. If they aren’t, you will be playfully spanked.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click
4. This brings up Click “Choose file” if you’re uploading your ‘shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the ‘Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image’s URL into the field that says “Image URL.” Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn’t, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you’re still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.