It’s that time of year again.
With the first day of autumn having come and gone earlier this week, it’s time to get into the spirit of the season with some epic mashups. Whether it’s apples, pumpkins, or blockbuster video games, it’s time to move from cultivating and growing to harvesting.
To celebrate the changing of the leaves and the days getting shorter this week’s ‘Shop Contest is all about taking hallmarks of season and combining them with the torrent of games that are about to be released. Take any iconic part of the autumn, or your personal favorite aspect of it, and stick in one of the characters from whatever game you’re looking forward to in the coming weeks. It’s free form and open to interpretation, so have fun! Bonus points if it’s a video game character in an autumn video game setting sipping a spiced latte.
The other ground rules are below. See you next weekend with the winners!
How To Upload Images — Instructions
1. Create your ‘Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 636 pixels wide. If they aren’t, you will be shot.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click
4. This brings up Click “Choose file” if you’re uploading your ‘shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the ‘Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image’s URL into the field that says “Image URL.” Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn’t, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you’re still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.