Super Mario Odyssey this week showed no one’s consciousness is safe from the little plumber.
Thanks to Cappy, he can become a dinosaur or even a Goomba. The possibilities are endless( unlike my ‘shop talents). This latest ‘Shop Contest isn’t just about exploring the boundaries of Odyssey’s premise, it’s about searching for answers to the eternal question: what is a Mario?
So pull up a Cappy, slap on a mustache, and lets see how far we can push Mario’s new ability. Just throw both on anything or person you want.
Here’s a hat you can use, or there are others (did I mention I’m not very good at Photoshop?)
The rules, as always, are as follows:
How To Upload Images — Instructions
1. Create your ‘Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 800 pixels wide. If they aren’t, you will be shot. I mean it!
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click
4. This brings up Click “Choose file” if you’re uploading your ‘shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the ‘Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image’s URL into the field that says “Image URL.” Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn’t, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you’re still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.