Hey, Kotaku readers, how about a little off topic conversation to wrap up the day? Did you see anything cool on the internet or in real life that you'd like to wax off topically about?
If you do, would you mind dropping in some of your favorite uncommon vocabulary selections? See, mine has seemed to suffer lately, a product of finding less and less time to read books, comics and newspapers. There was a time when my vocabulary was expanding at an self-impressive rate, when I learned the definition of words like "offal," "malevolent" and "gossamer" as an 11-year-old. I thought I was pretty cool, even if those words were from Web of Spider-Man and the Dungeons & Dragons Fiend Folio.
If you're just looking for a place to chat, however, please do so unrestricted.
- Michael Jackson scores $200 million record deal - Good for him!
- Treme trailer - The Wire's David Simon and Eric Overmyer's new show for HBO. Looks interesting, even though the subject matter isn't as exciting as the drug trade.
- Garfield minus Garfield - The movie!
- This is the earthquake that woke me up this morning - Correction: it was my shrieking, clutching girlfriend that woke me up. I hate earthquakes.
- Apple Hires Wearable Computing Expert - iPants incoming?