Back from CES and time to get back to the daily grind. And back to Kotaku Off Topic, where things non-gaming are discussed. Like recent and future purchases, maybe?
Now, I'm in the market for a new iMac, preferably something with a quad-core Intel chip and 27-inches of screen, something to replace my laptop as my primary workstation. But I also don't want to deal with what Mark Wilson over at Gizmodo and many other new iMac owners have been dealing with—poor quality control on iMac LCD screens. If I felt like I had another option besides waiting for Apple to get its shit together, I'd pursue it. For now, I wait.
And I get caught up on the day's non-gaming related internet curiosities and stories of interest. Anything you'd like to share with the group?
- The Things - John Carpenter's The Thing, from the perspective of The Thing.
- Spider-Man 4 Scrapped; Sam Raimi & Tobey Maguire & Cast Out; Franchise Reboot For 2012 - "SPIDER-M4N" was sounding disastrous, but this could be worse.
- Mark McGwire admits using steroids - Oops, forgot to warn you that you may be in the for the tiniest shock of your life.
- Audiences experience 'Avatar' blues - Moviegoers "depressed and suicidal" over the fictional Pandora. Next gen furries in the making.
- Death Metal Rooster - Hahahahahaha. (Hey, I was at CES last week!)
- Oz firm seeks talented IT developer with 'SQL server experience, DD cup breasts' - Kotaku is also looking for a San Francisco based correspondent.