It's not really fair. The Kotaku morning crew gets Talk Amongst Yourselves, the open thread that commenters control, where (almost) anything goes. What does the Kotaku night crew get? The vastly superior Off Topic, starting today.
What is Off Topic? Well, it's not really about video games, but it's also open to video game discussion. It's an end of day link dump, a nightly open thread for us to share the best and worst of the web, hopefully just a step or two away from the expected area of coverage. We give you links and potentially interesting topics of discussion from technology, science, science-fiction, general geekdom, politics, or whatever and you, hopefully, do the same. Cool?
Here's what I have been reading/watching/enjoying over the past few days.
- 'Heroes' is most-pirated TV show of 2009 - Some part of this story is a terrible shame.
- Soundgarden to reunite - Gosh, I hope this doesn't mean an end to Chris Cornell solo albums!
- The Danish cartoonist who survived an axe attack - Editorial cartoons are still serious business.
- 2009 US Movie Box Office - A lovely, informative graph that contains Paul Blart: Mall Cop.
- The G-spot 'doesn't appear to exist', say researchers - We have no counter-evidence.
- VH1 Reality Show Bus Crashes In California Causing Major Slut Spill - Gave my commute gonorrhea.
- New "24" Season 8 Promo - Damn it! Now I'm interested!