When folks started taking shots from the Tokyo Game Show trailer for Final Fantasy XV and pasting things behind them, I figured Chris Person's post about it was enough. Now Square Enix has decided to help things along. Fine, let's do this.
Look, this meme has been done to death already over the past couple of weeks, so we're going to have to step things up a notch. Cool concepts. Bizarre pairings. Animated GIFs? Sure, animated GIFs. We shall rise above the rest and conquer this small seaside town we call the planet.
Here are the PNG files Square Enix released earlier this week. Or late last week. Whichever.
And here is our creed.
How To Upload Images — Instructions
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 636 pixels wide. If they aren't, you will be shot.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click
4. This brings up Click "Choose file" if you're uploading your 'shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image's URL into the field that says "Image URL." Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.