Welcome back to the workweek, Kotaku readers. I know. Bummer. But we're back from Comic-Con, better rested and in possession of two new Slimes. That, ladies and gentlemen, represents the entirety of my Comic-Con haul. Did you fare any better?
Granted, I did walk away with a free book and one free Team Fortress 2 gun (or at least a download code for the thing), but I wasn't big on spending at this year's annual geek convention. Sure, there were plenty of toys, figurines and comic books that I wanted to buy, but I've already got enough plastic crap. With the exception of two Dragon Quest slimes that is.
You can use this thread as a sounding board, a place to brag about sweet loot you acquired or just a place to make some conversation. Or you can enjoy the following links. Look, I'm not the boss of you. Do want you want, man.
- How a Mars rover lands on the surface - Bad ass. The math has me reeling.
- New (red band) trailer for Drive - The smart looking Ryan Gosling stunt driver flick. Also bad ass.
- This American Life focuses on the business of patents and patent trolls - Listen to this.
- The Atlantic's heartbreaking, graphic gallery of scenes from Oslo's terrorist attack - Helps put Utoya Island and the youth camp in perspective.
- Steven Soderbergh's odd-looking Haywire - The action flick starring American Gladiator Gina Carano and more recognizable names. I dunno.